Alaska Recreation and Park Association
Skip to nav
Outstanding Organization Award
This award recognizes the agencies, departments, and organizations that make great contributions to their community and to the improvement of recreation in Alaska. Clubs, federal and state agencies, municipal departments, and not-for-profit organizations are eligible. The Awards Committee will select the organization that most reflect outstanding contributions to their community or the state of Alaska.
Nominate an ARPA Member for this Award
- The contributions or improvement of recreation must have taken place during the calendar year of the award or prior. (Ex: in 2012, nominators will be selecting organizations which were active before
- January 1, 2012, to align with the other awards achievements made in 2011.
- A written description shall include the organization’s contributions and recreation improvements within their community or Alaska.
- Support materials will be considered:
- Press coverage documenting accomplishment, events, programs, or other;
- Formal acknowledgement from local municipalities, Boroughs, state or Federal recognition, proclamations or other
OUTSTANDING ORGANIZATION AWARD
2020 Tsalteshi Trails Association, Soldotna
2019 Denali Education Center
2018 Alaska International Senior Games
2017 Friends of Tanana Valley Railroad, Fairbanks
2016 Seward Prevention Coalition
2015 Petersburg Chamber of Commerce
2014 HoWL Homer Wilderness Leaders
2013 Arctic Winter Games Host Society Fairbanks
2012 Homer Hockey Association
2011 Homer Community Recreation & Parks Program
2009 Teen Council of the Seward Teen & Youth Center