Alaska Recreation and Park Association
Skip to nav
ARPA currently offers 6 scholarships per year (December 1 - November 30) of up to $500 each in the following categories:
- 3 individual scholarships to assist with attendance at the ARPA Annual state conference. Allowable expenses include travel, registration fees and/or hotel
- 3 individual scholarships to assist with professional development (any certification/education relating to the Parks & Recreation field with preference given to NRPA programs).
Scholarship requests are open only to current ARPA members in good standing. Scholarships may be awarded to an individual in each category once every two years.
Through partnerships with the NRPA, ARPA provides scholarships to help pay for continuing educational opportunities like:
- NRPA’s Maintenance or Director’s School
- NRPA’s Annual Conference
- ARPA’s Annual State Conference
- Playground Maintenance Certification
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI)
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
- Certified Pool Operator
- Recreation and Park Professional Certification
Please Note: Individuals selected for a state conference scholarship are asked to volunteer a minimum of 2-3 hours with the conference (teach a session, assist with conference planning, or be available during the conference to assist in some way) & share their conference experience in the ARPA newsletter.
Scholarship questions? email us!
APPLY NOW - CLICK HERE!
Note: Application submission deadline for State Conference in Soldotna Oct 5-7 is September 15, 2021.