Alaska Recreation and Park Association
Skip to nav
Distinguished Service Award
This achievement award is given to a deserving individual and/or groups whose voluntary contribution of time and effort over the years has improved the quality and quantity of leisure opportunities through park, recreation, and conservation projects on the local, state, regional, or national levels. Membership with ARPA is not required, but the candidate shall have contributed through:
- Voluntary contributions to parks, recreation and conservation movement over a period of two or more years.
- Active work for significant legislation at local, state, and national levels.
- Service to park and recreation and conservation movement through public service or membership in other organizations or other endeavors outside parks, recreation and conservation field.
- Possible literary contribution to parks, recreation and conservation field.
- Development of equipment apparatus or design and layout of facilities.
- Generous grants of land, money, equipment, scholarships or other gifts that affect the field.
- Any other contribution made in the interest of the parks and recreation profession.
Nominate an ARPA Member for this Award
DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
2020 Deb Lowney - Homer
2016 Gold Rush Days, Inc. - Valdez
2015 Sally Dwyer - Petersburg
2014 Kristi West - City & Borough of Juneau Parks & Recreation
2012 James "Jim" King - Juneau
2010 Chugach National Forest Glacier District Backcountry Rangers